May 24, 2011

Pancakes

I fondly remember weekends as a young girl, when my Dad would make his family’s pancakes. The kind he made wasn’t the thick, cake-like pancakes, but more the thin like the silver dollar pancakes.  I loved being able to tally up how many of them I could eat and would often compete with my sister as to who could eat more. Eventually the pancakes got a little bigger, but always stayed light and thin.
Ingredients:
1 Cup Flour
2 Tbsp. Sugar
3 Tsp. Baking Powder
Salt (Pinch)
1 Egg
1 Cup Milk
1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil

In a bowl sift together the Flour, Sugar and Baking Powder, add a pinch of salt.
Beat in Egg and add the milk. When all together add the vegetable oil. Pour in slowly to not make mixture too liquid. (If it does get too liquid, add some flour). Today I had some blueberries in the fridge, so I added those to the mix, about 1/2 cup. You can add chocolate chips if you prefer a sweeter version as well!

Let mixture sit for 20 to 30  minutes.

Warm skillet, and add 1 tsp butter. Pour batter in approximately 4". When the pancake starts to bubble on the uncooked side its ready to flip. For the first pancake, make sure to move around the pan to soak up most of the butter, and toss. Now you can do the same for all the other pancakes-without the tossing!


1 comment:

  1. I love making pancakes and haven't still mastered the art. I'll def be giving these a shot!! They look super yummy :)

    ReplyDelete