March 24, 2011

Mojitos

It's almost hard to believe that even though I lived in Miami for nearly 10 years, I never got around to making a Mojito. I've had them countless times and in all sorts of flavors, but never got around to making one myself.

I'm sure St. Patricks day is not necessarily synonymous with a typical Cuban rum drink, but I thought of making a "green cocktail" for a dinner we were hosting that evening. There was no other option to me than delicious Mojitos, slightly colored naturally by mint.

Ingredients (Per batch)
Mint Leaves 10-12
Crushed Ice (1/2 cup)
1 Tbsp Sugar
2 Oz. Rum
3 Oz. Soda Water
Fresh Lime Wedges for garnish

Place mint leaves and sugar at bottom of glass or shaker. Muddle together for about 15 seconds. Add crushed ice and continue muddling for about 1 minute or until ice and mint start mixing. Add Rum and soda water. Squeeze lime wedge  into glass and add as garnish.

I will most definitely be making these mojitos a staple in future cocktail parties. Hope you enjoy them as much as we did!

1 comment:

  1. I've planted Mint Leaves (delivered directly from the Mediterranean) at my garden. Feel free to pick fresh leaves for your cocktail parties.

    ReplyDelete